Thursday, October 22, 2009

Just chillin' at JFK on our way to Maldives!


Gwen and I are sitting here "just chillin'" here in the Delta Sky room at JFK.  We are on our way to Maldives to meet 8 other divers from Dive Addicts and board the Maldives Aggressor.  Our itinerary is Salt Lake to NYC, NYC to Dubai, Dubai to Malee (Maldives).  36 hours in total!  Fortunately, we are arriving one day early so we can kick back and rest from our vacation!!!!

Even though this is just a recreational trip, I'm really looking forward to doing some relaxing diving and concentrating on my photography.  I've said many times that underwater photography is an exercise in frustration.  I'm hoping that I can take a sufficient number of photos on this trip to end up with some nice shots.

I'll be shooting my Canon 1DS, housed in a Subal housing.  I have both a wide angle dome port as well as a macro port.  I suspect that the wide angle lens and dome port will get more use on this trip than the macro set up due to the expected large amounts of schooling fish and pelagics, but we'll see how it goes.
Humpback and Black and White Snappers, Trevally Jacks, Barracuda, Batfish, Unicornfish, Yellowback Fusiliers and Harlequin Sweetlips 
  I'll try to post some shots on the way home next week, since I don't think we will have internet access on the boat during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment